Advertise with us!

Join Our Mailing List below, and stay up to date with everything Reggae & Dancehall in our daily NewsLetter.

Promoters must Register with Govt before DeadLines [JA]{News}

All promoters of entertainment events have until July 31 to register for a Place of Amusement License.

Minister of State in the Ministry of Tourism and Entertainment, Damion Crawford, explains that registration is now being conducted at the Ministry of Tourism & Entertainment or any of the Parish Councils islandwide.

So how will promoters benefit from registering? According to Minister Crawford, one of the benefits for a registered promoter is that they will be exempted from taxes on items being imported for an event.

So does registration automatically qualifies a promoter for the necessary permits from the Parish Counsel, Police, JAMMS and JCAP?

As for promoters who wish to sideline the registration they will encounter problems as they will not be able to successfully stage an event without a Place of Amusement License. Promoters who missed the deadline will also have to pay a registration fee.

The Ministry of Tourism & Entertainment will manage the registry, through its Entertainment Board and in tandem with the Ministry of Local Government & Community Development.

The registry is an attempt to better coordinate and organize the entertainment industry, so that it can be viewed and operated as a business.

Copyright © 2011, [STARLIFE DANCEHALL]. All rights reserved.
Powered by StarLifeDanceHall - Promotions