Sarasota Police say this is one of the biggest drug busts they've had.
An 18-month investigation dubbed Operation Sarasota Cartel II resulted in:
- $115,000 seized in U.S. currency
- 12 Kilos of Powder Cocaine recovered (Street value more than $500,000)
- 5 automobiles seized under Florida Contraband Forfeiture Act
- 8 search warrants executed
- 10 people arrested (3 to 15 years in prison)
"The amount of drugs, money andcars we seized are of historic value for the Sarasota Police Department," said Lt. Pat Ledwith, Bureau of Criminal Investigations, Sarasota Police Department.
Investigators say this drug cartel catered to Sarasota and Manatee counties.
"The narcotics coming into this area were meant for the Sarasota and Bradenton area. The amount of drugs, money and cars we seized are of historic value for the Sarasota Police Department," said Ledwith.
Several agencies were part of this investigation including Bradenton Police, the Manatee County Sheriff's Office and the ATF.